How Often Should You Get A Facial?
Facials are a great way to pamper yourself. They’re relaxing, rejuvenating and help to clear the mind as well as the skin. They’re also a great way to get a full massage and use some of the professional products that your skincare expert has recommended for you. Getting a facial is essential to your skin’s health, but how often should you go? The answer depends on a lot of factors, including your skin type, your lifestyle, your budget, and your goals:
1. Skin Cell Turnover: The average skin cells turnover time is about 28 days, so it’s important to have a professional facial every three or four weeks to keep your skin glowing and healthy looking.
2. Brightening Facials: If you have pigmentation problems such as freckles, sunspots or melasma, it’s important to get facials regularly to prevent new blemishes from developing and to help to lift existing ones.
3. Clogged Pores and Blemishes: If you have a lot of blackheads and clogged pores, it’s also important to make sure that they don’t get out of control and become breakouts by going to the salon frequently.
4. Laser Treatments: If you have a laser resurfacing treatment such as photofacial or LED light therapy, it’s best to have the treatments done more than once a month.
5. Stress: A high-quality facial helps to relieve stress and tension by reducing blood pressure and releasing endorphins, which can help reduce anxiety and depression.
6. Refine Fine Lines and Wrinkles: A good facial can help smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by exfoliating the surface of the skin, removing dead skin cells, and promoting collagen production.
7. Soothing: A high-quality facial will help to soothe any irritated or rashes that are caused by manmade or natural sources, such as smog, pollen, and UV rays.
8. Youthful: A good quality facial will help to shed the outer layer of dead skin, revealing new, youthful-looking skin.
9. Cleansing: A facial helps to remove impurities from the skin by removing dead skin cells and resurfacing pores, which can help to clear away acne-causing bacteria.
10. Acne-Prone Skin: If you have a tendency to break out or are struggling with clogged pores and blemishes, then it’s recommended to get a facial at least twice a month.
11. Sensitive Skin: If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, it’s important to consult with your skincare specialist to determine how often you should get a facial.
12. Dry or Sensitive Skin: If you have dry or sensitive skin, it’s important to avoid scheduling facial appointments closer than four weeks apart to prevent irritation.
13. Oily or Acne-Prone Skin: Depending on your skin’s condition, it’s important to schedule your facial appointments more than twice a month if you have acne or clogged pores.
14. Age: If you’re younger, your skin is likely to generate new cells more quickly than older people and so you can get a facial less frequently.